Wednesday, September 24, 2008

fall for books you crafty bastards!

So a bunch of evenst are going on this week(end).

first we have fall for the book festiavl at GMU (and vicinity) until Saturday.

then we have the naitonal book festival on the mall. 4 words: salman rusdie and tiki barber, ok thats 5 words if you inlcude the "and" but whatevs.

Now for Arts (as opposed to the literary arts, these are visual and performing arts...)

Friday is the opening for the Ansel Admas and Geoegia O Keefe exhibit at the Amercain Art Museum. Ongoing at the Corcoran is the Richard Avedon exhibit

Saturday we have Arts by George at GMU.

And lets not forget on Sunday is Crafty Bastards in Adams Morgan.

Also, International Graduate University is playing at DC9 tomorrow (Thursday) night with a couple other bands. If I get my homework done in time I will def seee them. Yes I know I just sounded like an 8th grader but f it. Welcome to my life. want a sip of this yummy grape flavored pepto bismo?
Oh and call in the national guard...we have an emergency here of epic proportions. all the single men here are douchebags. something has turned them all into major f'in tool bags. except you, if you are single and reading this blog, you are exempt. b/c just by reading this makes you awesome and not a friggin jackass. and no, I will not turn lesbo. not that there is anything wrong with it.

oh which reminds me- the VA Wine Festival is this weekend at the Prince William County fairgrounds. go drink. be happy. wine makes everything better. except hangovers. oof. they have shuttle bus service out there, so you can fully enjoy your vino.

If you are interested in attending any of these events, lemme know.

oh and don't bake before bed. unlesss you want to know what a tray of brownies looks like after being in the oven for four hours. And if you do, well, I have pictures. so much for my contribution to the NAEA bake sale. Maybe I need to hold a baksesale of my own, the I still havent' gotten monies for student loan yet and I have a tuition payment coming up in 2 weeks and I have no f'in clue how I'm going to make it. Where the hell is that pepto bismo...
lotto. I need to play lotto. b/c I can't find a sugar daddy b/c all single men are douchebags.
and my feng shui money tree plant is official dead. ominous. ugh.
dead plants, bills I don't have denero to pay, a tray of charcoal aka dead brownies, and a certain someone hasn't contacted me. no, its not the prize patrol, although that would be awesome. but I gots my grape flavored..-hey why don't they put the same crap that they put in cough syrups to make ya all loopy in this pink crap? I mean, throw a sister a bone!
off to make a hair appointment at the student salon place. yup, haircuttery is currently out of my budget. good times.
this pepto should really have some sudafed or meth or something in it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My fiance and I will be at the Virginia Wine Festival on Sunday! We go every year and it is one of the most fun things we do in the fall. I wholeheartedly reccomend taking the bus too!

 
;