Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kickball- Fall Season Sign-up!

Registration just opened for the fall season of WAKA's VA Triumph Falls Church division . That would be the division I play in. There are other divisions, but really, why bother. Triumph is all you need. games start August 6.
Cost is 65 bucks. Games are on Wednesdays. The sponsor bar may be changed. It was/is Mister Days- but that's kinda a hike from the fields, which are located near the intersection of 7 and 29 in Falls Church (Larry Graves park, to be precise).
Kickball is a lot of fun. It's a sport you played as a child, but can now play as an adult. So yes, it's def a social sport, but it's still a sport. Which means you should be able to catch a ball and kick and run in order to play. and drink. beer preferably since beer pong and flip cup are highly prevalent at kickball "functions" which happens often. And if you know any professional soccer players or semi pros, give me their numbers (only if they're good looking) so I can call- well, ok, fine, recruit them to join.

Go to this site www.kickball.com to sign up. start your own team or join the one I'm on.

Oh and FYI...demi moore totally made throwing pots wicked easy on the movie Ghost. so not the case. I think she had a stunt double. seriously. this stuff isn't easy! I'm not talking about making coil pots like in the 2nd grade. I'm talking a wheel spinning at 90 mpg with a hunk of wet earth that you have to sculpt into some masterpiece with your bare hands and sharp tools- its pretty intense people. I have thus far made 2 very small flower pots and a small um cup thingy.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Haha, I remember doing wheel-throwing in high school and thinking i was going to make this cool tall vase, but ending up instead with a 2-inch high lopsided...thing.

-Alyssa

James Dziezynski said...

Hey Gina!! Just found your blog--and you're right, spinning wheels are tough. The few times I've gotten my hands dirty, I just cut my losses and make ash trays, despite the fact I don't smoke--

 
;